Some Frequently Asked Questions, click on the question to see the answer.
Is It Ready To Go?
Yes. All you need to do is ensure the filter is wet through to activate it and you are ready to go. We suggest the first time you use a new filter you fill the bottle up and turn it upside down, submerging the filter for 5 minutes. Bottle water filters are highly effective in getting rid of bacteria and parasites.
If I don’t use my bottle everyday will it still only last for 3 months?
No. The filter is good for 200 litres. If you use the bottle 2-3 times a day, everyday the filter will last for 3 months. The filter is not time-bound. It will deactivate when dry so you can get the maximum use of each filter.
How do I know when my filter needs replacing?
One of the three technologies in our filter (the one which controls the taste and the smell) has a lifespan of approx 200 litres; although your filter will still be filtering bacteria, cysts and harmful contaminants, the water after this time will gradually start to taste and smell as it did before using the Water-to-Go bottle. This is a ‘sensory’ prompt for you to change the filter.
Do you filter Fluoride?
Yes. We use nano alumina within our filters, which is documented and proven to be the most effective method of filtering fluoride.
Do you filter Chlorine?
Yes. Recent tests show that Water-to-Go filters reduce the amount of chlorine in the water to below detectable levels.
How does the bottle ‘save the planet’
By choosing a Water-to-Go bottle you reduce the pollution caused by hundreds of single-use plastic water bottles; In addition, making just one bottle instead of hundred preserves valuable natural resources such as oil and water, huge quantities of which are used in the manufacturing and shipping process of single-use bottles, only 12% of which are recycled!
How much per litre would water cost via your bottles?
By using 4 replacement filters a year, a litre of water would cost a little under 7.5cents per litre.
Do you have testing reports?
Yes; testing reports are available from the Testing option on the “Facts” tab of this website.
How does it work?
Water-to-Go uses three different technologies forged together in one filter to filter over 99.9% of all contaminants in water.
What are the three technologies Water-to-Go uses?
1) Water-to-Go uses mechanical filtration; a very small pore size which stops contaminants passing through.
2) Electrical (by a positive charge) which reduces the pore size even further and attracts the contaminants like a magnet would, trapping them inside the filter.
3) Finally our filters use carbon but instead of using adhesives to glue the carbon particles together, (which vastly reduces the carbon’s efficiency) it is contained within the membrane, helping to reduce contaminants whilst eliminating bad tastes and odours. Try filtering water from your domestic filter and taste the difference!
Can you brand the bottles for charities and companies?
Yes; we can make bespoke bottles using your logos; there is a minimum order of 150 bottles.
Can I be a stockist?
- Water-to-Go is looking for additional stockists in New Zealand, Australia and the Pacific Islands. For more info mail email@example.com
Do you make jugs?
- Water-to-Go specialise in portable filtration solutions so at this stage we do not offer a jug.
How much does the bottle weigh?
- 138g with bottle empty and filter dry.
Do you reduce the Oestrogen/hormones in water?
- Yes; Water-to-Go will filter out such contaminants.
What is BPA?
- BPA (bisphenol A) is an industrial chemical used in plastic water bottles to make them flexible. It is widely believed that it has negative effects of your health.
Is Water-to-Go BPA free?
- Yes; the bottles, lids and filters are BPA free and all materials used are approved by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) in the USA.
- This will reduce the efficiency and lifespan of the water bottle filter. However, simply unscrew the filter and the bottle can be used as a standard sports bottle.
- The filter membranes are manufactured in the USA and all other parts are assembled in Water-to-Go units in China.
- This noise is cased by the ‘breather valve’. Simply unscrew the lid, turn upside down, gently move the bottom part of the breather (a mushroom shaped dome) up and down, two or three times; this should cure the problem.
- Whilst the filter could be used to filter urine in extreme emergencies, Water-to-Go strongly recommends against filtering and consuming urine.
- Using the bottle and filter in an inappropriate manner can cause severe illness.
- Ensure the spout and lid are free from contaminated water; the filter can only filter what is inside the bottle.
- The Water-to-Go bottle will generate 10ml per second, which is a good ‘guzzle’ rate.
- Do no over squeeze the bottle! This can create pressure behind the filter and in extreme circumstances may force contents between the lid and bottle creating a leak.